Clean-Ups Benefit From New Partnerships
Remaining ever-vigilant against litter in the park, FOESP expanded its clean-up efforts this year to include seven events in six months. We partnered with Sustainable Cleveland 2019 Water Workgroup, implemented by Drink Local / Drink Tap, and the Alliance for the Great Lakes Adopt-a-Beach program, to hold monthly clean-ups. Adopt-a Beach asks volunteers to test water quality and to track the type and amount of trash collected. Other partnerships included:
- Global Youth Service Day Clean-up April 16 with Detroit Shoreway Community Development,
- Hands on Northeast Ohio, City Year, and Greater Cleveland Volunteers
- Barefoot Wine Clean-up May 7th with a wine and appetizer after-party at the Harp donated by Barefoot Wine
- Trash And Pancakes Day, June 4, an annual Sierra Club clean-up at the park with a hearty breakfast cooked on-site
- Boat Float Clean-up, September 10, with the Cleveland Museum of Natural History and the Cleveland Metroparks to raise awareness of plastic debris in our oceans and lakes.